Summary of Position:
A Customer Support Representative Tier 2 is a subject matter expert on our Company’s products and our Customers’ processes. They are responsible for providing advanced technical support, investigating, analyzing, and resolving complex support case escalations. This role includes performing tasks related to departmental projects and operational support.
- Support case escalation from Tier 1 support.
- Providing end-user support.
- Analyzes malfunctions in equipment and provides instructions to the on-site Field Service Representative to repair the equipment utilizing knowledge of mechanics/electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Maintains service documentation. Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and reports.
- Liaisons with Product Development to determine solutions to unusual problems in the system.
- Maintaining expert-level of the Company’s Products.
- Query creation, reporting and analysis, including provision of quantitative operational metrics for measurement of efficiency, trends analysis and forecasting.
- Timely communications with the Customer Support Team regarding changes, system interruptions, new tools and documentation resources.
- Assisting with department project initiatives and related reporting and documentation.
- Contributing to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, with focus on improving customer and employee experience.
- Provide assistance, mentoring, training to team members of the Customer Care Department.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet objectives; must be willing to travel.
- Flexible working hours are required, including nights and weekends.
- Broad technical knowledge base including mechanical, electrical and software including:
- PLC based electro-mechanical automated systems.
- Automated systems with sensors, servo motors, stepper motors, electrical grippers and robotic arms.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills. Proficiency with Database querying, Microsoft Office suite and experience with an incident management system.
- Must be familiar and/or trained with technical support know-how, blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine service procedures.
- Must work well within a team, have good written/reading communication skills.
- Good customer service skills and adaptable to changing environments.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Beneficial to know: Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Automation Tools (RSLogix and ControlLogix), and Jaspersoft.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in computer science, mechanical, electrical, computer, biomedical engineering; or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Min 3 – 5 years of experience in a Technical Support role, Tier 2 preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a problem-solving environment.
- Experience in leading a small team is preferred.
- Experience in creating/updating Service Manuals, Troubleshooting guides and Knowledge base is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
ARxIUM offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company match 401K and opportunity for personal and professional growth. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in the ARxIUM Employee Profit Sharing Bonus Plan, intended to give employees the opportunity to increase their earnings by contributing to the profitability of ARxIUM.
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 50% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. now and in the future without ARxIUM sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
ARxIUM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are a job seeker and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via e-mail. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed. The dedicated voicemail and e-mail options are reserved only for applicants needing accessibility assistance or an accommodation in order to apply for a job with us. Someone will get back to you within one business day.
To request an accommodation by telephone, leave a message at 1-847-808-2600.
To request an accommodation by e-mail, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org