Have you helped save a life today? Join ARxIUM and you can!
ARxIUM is an industry leading developer of pharmacy automation, workflow, and consulting solutions. The ARxIUM approach, Pharmacy 4.0, improves the quality, flexibility, speed, and productivity of the pharmacy production process. And everything we do is with patient safety in mind; we recognize that our solutions play an important role in the patient care cycle, so we take great pride in developing solutions for pharmacies that not only enhance their operations from an efficiency perspective, but more importantly give them the tools they need to deliver prescriptions safely and accurately.
The Software Developer contributes to the software design and development activities for ARxIUM. Designs, documents, tests, and modifies current and new software development applications; reviews requirements documents and helps to develop solutions in order to meet these requirements; contributes to specific assignments and performs work which require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering activities.
We have opportunities to work on a wide range of products utilizing various technologies. Looking for someone smart, motivated and full of new and innovative ideas to bring our products to the next generation utilizing the latest technologies. Ideal candidate can jump into a new technology stack and understand it quickly.
- Strong knowledge utilizing Microsoft .NET with a focus on C# along with advanced concepts (multi-threading, design patterns, best practices)
- Knowledge and understanding of development principles, processes and technology
- Knowledge of physical database structures; ability to analyze, manage, tune databases for performance; knowledge of relational database concepts; disaster recovery; best practices
- Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience developing mobile applications utilizing a cross-platform framework. Xamarin preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices for mobile application design
- Full mobile application lifecycle experience a major plus
- Windows forms experience
- WPF experience a plus
- Web experience a plus
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with both coworkers and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to use office equipment such as printers, copiers, and faxes
- Test automation experience (Coded UI, IBM RFT, HP UFT, etc.)
- Project management experience
- QA or developer lead experience
- Reporting tool experience (Crystal Reports, Jaspersoft, Qlik)
- Continuous integration experience
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, networking and cyber security
This position is based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Education and Experience:
- Computer Engineering degree, Computer Science Degree, or technical college degree, with relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of software development or related experience desired
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
If you are smart, hardworking, have great ideas, and want to play a crucial role in the modern-era pharmaceutical industry, then join our team! ARxIUM offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company match 401K and opportunity for personal and professional growth. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in the ARxIUM Employee Profit Sharing Bonus Plan, intended to give employees the opportunity to increase their earnings by contributing to the profitability of ARxIUM.
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. now and in the future without ARxIUM sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
ARxIUM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are a job seeker and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via e-mail. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed. The dedicated voicemail and e-mail options are reserved only for applicants needing accessibility assistance or an accommodation in order to apply for a job with us. Someone will get back to you within one business day.
To request an accommodation by telephone, leave a message at 1-847-808-2600.
To request an accommodation by e-mail, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.