CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AH21D Environmental Health & Safety
Function:Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Summary:Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the plant is operating within all applicable EHS laws and regulations and has programs in place to ensure safe operation of the plant. Responsible for leading the plant in key EHS areas, such as environment, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, process safety, security, crisis and emergency response, and the laboratory. Responsibilities also include implementing resilient systems and processes to ensure the effective, efficient execution of these programs and leading continuous improvement in plant EHS performance and culture through leveraging best practices within the company and industry. As a departmental manager, one of the key responsibilities is developing people to address the current and future EHS needs of the plant site.
* Provide oversight and direction to all facility environmental, health, personal safety, process safety, and security programs and supporting processes and actively pursues opportunities for continuous improvement. Establish and maintain multi-year strategies for each functional area and set appropriate short-term and long-term goals.
* Ensure the facility's EHS programs are maintained to minimize risk and ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations as well as company standards. Establish systems to verify appropriate processes and practices are in place and functioning properly.
* Ensure effective communications of EHS messages, focus areas, and activities and cultivating key communication and feedback channels. Works with HR to ensure overall site communications align with EHS messaging.
* Establish processes to assess and prioritize EHS risks to the plant and set up processes to effectively manage and mitigate those risks.
* Establish key performance metrics for EHS areas for the plant and ensure effective systems for reporting and feedback.
* Participate in government, industry, and community committees to represent the interests of the facility.
* Develop and maintain a working knowledge of EHS corporate, plant and relevant internal policies as well as external standards to provide technical support to other departments and personnel.
* Manage facility Laboratory Department and ensure their services meet facility requirements and operate in compliance with EHS standards and practices.
* Manage third-party security provider and the systems for managing site security. Direct and oversee the security department and related programs including all state and federal mandated measures
* Establish an effective process for minimizing Human Performance Risk (BBS) and continuously improving its effectiveness.
* Oversee training programs that ensure CF personnel are knowledgeable and understand EHS requirements.
* Prepare and administer annual department budget and actively contribute to the facility budgeting process.
* Demonstrate a site presence and leadership visibility; ensuring actions continually reinforce EHS as a core value.
* Foster a culture of open, continuous learning and sharing from all EHS incidents, near misses, and opportunities.
People Leadership & Development:
* Establish key roles and responsibilities to ensure the proper coverage of key areas
* Identifies and vets candidates to ensure only top talent is brought into the department. Develop competent and skilled staff able to meet the current and future needs of the EHS Department while providing opportunities for high potential employees.
* Foster development of leadership and technical skills of EHS staff
* Establish systems that engage employees in the EHS culture and empowers them to continue the journey to EHS excellence.
Site Leadership Team:
* Actively participates as a member of the site leadership team representing the EHS department and contributing to the team in solving site business issues.
Successful incumbents will have:
1. This position requires an undergraduate or graduate science or engineering degree in a related field.
2. The incumbent will possess a minimum of 10 years directly-related experience in the environment and safety field, preferably in the chemical industry, with demonstrated knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and issues along with at least 5 years of people management.
3. Experience working cross functionally and achieving results through influence.
4. Experience in hazard awareness and risk assessment.
5. Experience with behavioral based safety systems.
6. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Required competencies include: strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership capabilities, strong change management skills, strong analytical and decision-making abilities, and ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with regulatory authorities. Direct related experience in process safety management is a definite asset.
This position has a significant impact upon the environmental, personal safety and process safety performance and culture of the facility. Ensuring the plant is not only operating within all applicable environmental laws and regulations but is driving continuous improvement is critical to the successful operation.
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .