HP delivers the world's most secure and manageable PCs used by governments, defense organizations and international corporations. Today's IT threats strike businesses from many places and from all angles. Security must cover every entry point with multiple layers of protection. To stay competitive, businesses need security solutions that are simple to deploy, manage, and customize, while also being easy to use.
To continue and expand HP's leadership in the market as the "most secure and manageable PC", this role is for a highly-skilled, seasoned and strategic product manager who will be responsible for one or more products within the Commercial PC security portfolio within the Product Marketing organization.
As a strategic leader of security products, you will provide market assessment of own and related product areas, characterize the threat landscape, perform competitive analysis, build customer insights, write well-articulated product requirements and work with Engineering to develop and launch innovative security and manageability experiences. As the owner of product strategy and execution, you will shape GTM activities including market positioning, driving business performance and optimizing customer experiences working closely with Marketing teams.
Security products and experiences range across device, firmware and software, and include existing products as well as new innovations in endpoint security.
What You Will Work On
- Be the end-to-end owner for one or multiple security products and experiences
- Lead own product area as well as identify innovative adjacencies in endpoint security
- Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality
- Develop product strategy based on sound market, customer and competitor insights
- Write well-articulated product requirements that have attention to detail and incorporate customer insights to drive simple and distinctive customer experiences
- Lead and drive strategic product initiatives focused on security and manageability across HP's Commercial PC portfolio
- Drive internal alignment with security product managers and leaders within Commercial PC as well as Personal Systems overall
- Work across partner ecosystem to find/develop strategic partnerships with security product vendors
- Work with Engineering to prioritize product requirements across own and other product areas
- Work tightly with Engineering to deliver on security roadmap, making the necessary trade-offs and timelines for delivery of the portfolio
- Initiate and foster relationships with other functional and business groups (internal and external)
- Work with worldwide marketing to build GTM strategies for security product launches
- Actively contribute to sales enablement, lead customer POCs, and drive customer adoption and engagement on HP's security offerings
- Define and leverage product telemetry to shape the evolution of the product and business in a data-driven manner
Who We Are Looking For
- 8+ years of functional expertise in Product Management ideally in a security software setting, or a mix of product management and management consulting experience
- Track record of launching successful security products and experiences
- Strong influence and demonstrated leadership skills in a matrixed organization
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of product development and product management
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area; MBA preferred
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.