Senior Program Manager
Organization: HP INSTANT INK, TONER / CONSUMER PRINT SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
This position is in the Print Services and Solutions organization that is driving new ink service business models like HP Instant Ink, Auto Replenishment etc. HP as a company now is strategically pivoting to a "service-first" approach to products/solutions and this organization drives the end to end lifecycle for any such new business models. HP Instant Ink is the flagship subscription service offered by HP, is a top strategic business priority and is now launched in 18 countries worldwide. As the market share and financial leader in the global inkjet market, HP's inkjet business is built on the highly successful "razor and blade" business model and HP Instant Ink's subscription model intends to delight customers with savings and convenience while still driving high profitability for HP.
You want to work for us to solve real problems, be the disruptor in chief to overturn existing consumer behaviours and have the fire to radically transform our products/services in the next 5-10 years. You will have flexibility on your budgets, strong organizational support for radical innovation and a day-to-day operating environment of a start-up - roll up your sleeves to get work done.
This role is for a "classic program manager" responsible for driving new solutions and experiences for HP Instant Ink service. A program manager is a "Master Conductor" who orchestrates a talented team towards a unified goal - successfully launch programs and initiatives to drive revenue and profits for the company. He / She drives all the pillars of the program management including, marketing, product mgmt., support, operations, supply chain, finance, GTM and R&D. Program managers in HP Instant Ink have a 360-degree role and are considered the key points for contacts for all things related to the program. Their influence and visibility will be at the highest level in the organization.
- Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to drive the development and implementation process for a product and solution offering.
- Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Manages activities of supporting project teams and internal development partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal marketing, development, and manufacturing partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing and/or engineering organization.
- Manages the end-to-end program lifecycle (concept to release to refine)
- Is a perfect blend of high-level vs. detail-oriented approaches depending on the audience, task at hand?
- Develop and secure approval for GTM plans and budgets.
- Develop/own GTM scorecard/dashboard and associated metrics/goals/ benchmarks; track/report progress against them.
- Develop closed-loop post- analysis for marketing programs and identify/execute indicated actions.
- Partner with senior sales management on key retailer/reseller account calls/development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
- PMP/PMI certification preferred
- Typical 10+ years' experience
- 10 years in program management fundamentals
- Adept at managing all kinds of programs - technical solution, GTM, supply chain etc.
- Ability to lead and drive alignment cross functional teams through product development to deliver products on time with high quality and targeted financial goals.
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Managing international programs highly desired in both Emerging and Developed Markets
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in building the bridge between strategy and execution
- Influence at the vice president and above level, as well as with customers and partners
- Ability to motivate, influence and drive people towards the common program goals in an environment of conflicting priorities.
- Acknowledged mastery of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- Highly knowledgeable on all aspects of offering, segment, partner and account-based marketing.
- Ability to manage advertising/direct marketing/ research vendors.
- In-depth understanding of the industry, offering categories and HP offerings/ strategy.
- Strong project and budget management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills.
- Conflict-resolution skills.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years marketing experience, including offering marketing, segment marketing, partner marketing, market research and customer database/ analytics.
- Agency, sales and/or channel experience.
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.