Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January/February 2021 and continue through the spring term (i.e. May/June 2021) or into summer 2021 if available. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world's best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla's workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We're tackling the world's most difficult and important problemsand we wouldn't succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team's success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you'll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's mission.
About the Team
An Industrial Engineering intern will deliver projects in improving manufacturing and material flow, including (but not limited to) associate safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
What to Expect
* Utilization of work measurement to optimize factory and material flow processes
* Development of layout and production line alternatives
* Decision support through trade-off, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
* Currently working towards a Bachelor or Master's degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Systems Engineering
* Exposure to lean manufacturing principles and concepts; bonus - application of these principles leading to real world results
* High comfort level in high expectations environment
* Software skills: MySQL, basic Excel, flowcharting software; bonus - 2D/3D CAD, linear programming, simulation, advanced Excel
* Previous experience in production control, material flow, manufacturing, process engineering, internal consulting, systems engineering, and/or warehousing
Tesla participates in the