As an Account Manager on our Global Forwarding team, you will be a trusted logistics advisor to companies around the world, providing transportation solutions to support their supply chain needs. With a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services, a global technology platform, and the support of a broad network of supply chain experts, you will have the tools and resources you need to help your customers optimize their supply chain. You will proactively reach out to key stakeholders within your customers' organizations, identify and sell innovative solutions and services to drive continuous improvement and help our customers work smarter. You will solve challenging customer issues and provide an overall exceptional customer experience.
We are looking for a driven, forward-thinking individual who will manage a select group of accounts, build strong relationships, and establishing your credibility as a trusted advisor. You will be empowered to manage and grow existing accounts by bringing forth new services or modes and/or expanding on existing services offered, with a focus on increasing efficiency, adding value and maximizing profitability through the account's supply chain.
This position must be located in San Diego CA
Customer Relationship Management
- Develop a deep understanding of customer's current business, industry and supply chain
- Stay abreast of customer's current requirements and anticipate future needs
- Forms relationships at varying levels and functions within the customer's organization
- Create effective solutions that will bring lasting value to the customer and C.H. Robinson
- Conduct business reviews to identify ways to improve service and expand the business
- Drive account profitably through effective management of sales plan execution, supplier relationship management, A/R and A/P, claims, etc.
- Apply financial analysis to evaluate strategic choices and identify trends, threats and opportunities
- Negotiate beyond price and create profitable agreements between customer and C.H. Robinson
- Identify opportunities to leverage C.H. Robinson's full menu of services
- Accurately forecast demand to the carrier and/or sourcing groups in order to plan capacity and supply
- Stay abreast of competition and industry trends that may impact C.H. Robinson's value proposition to the customer
- Ensure execution of annual sales plan for account
- Facilitate all aspects of the annual business planning process for account to include budget, business plan creation, scorecards and plan adjustments
Project necessary resources to efficiently manage overall business
Effectively manage and plan time to ensure both tactical and strategic opportunities are realized
Identify innovating, targeted solutions to satisfy customer's short-term needs and long-term direction
- Create thorough implementation plans, including account responsibilities, resource requirements, timeframes, and contingency plans
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities to ensure account goals are achieved
- Oversee daily operational activities and provide escalated support as necessary
- Develop, communicate and implement SOPs as needed for customer specific requirements
- Keep others in own organization well informed of account activities
- Initiate regular and timely communication with customer contacts that focuses on both tactical and strategic issues
- Conduct presentations as needed within the customer organization as well as own organization
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years Customer Sales and customer relationship management experience in freight forwarding
- Bachelor's Degree or continued education
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Proven ability to demonstrate market knowledge, full knowledge of seasonality, buying and selling effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to lead, facilitate, influence and organize
- Good analytical, sales and negotiating skills with strong attention to detail
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and other related programs
- Experience in preparing and negotiating customer contracts
- Proven ability to generate and implement creative and innovative solutions to problems/opportunities
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran