Disclaimer: This position is expected to start either January/February 2021 or May/June 2021 and continue for a minimum of 12 weeks, up to a maximum of 12 months. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world's best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla's workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of interdisciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We're tackling the world's most difficult and important problemsand we wouldn't succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Programs Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team's success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you'll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's mission.
About the Team
We are looking for a highly motivated penetration tester intern to help Tesla to continue raising the bar on security to work on Model S, 3, X, Y and future projects. Tesla's connected cars are backed by a large infrastructure of systems that provide critical data to vehicles. The security of these systems is the highest importance. Tesla's Red Team members carry out attacks and security assessments to aid assurance that security has been properly implemented.
As a Red Team Security Engineering intern for Tesla, you will get an opportunity to attack Tesla products and services. Successful candidates will have passion for pwning and a desire to make the world a better place. If you enjoy CTFs and finding new vulnerabilities, this internship is calling your name.
We are looking for a Red Team Security Engineering intern with experience in attacking a wide range of targets including network infrastructure, Windows/Linux/UNIX servers, web applications, and embedded devices.
- Breaking everything you touch (and helping us fix it).
- Conducting penetration tests against Tesla networks, services and product.
- Performing security assessments on third-party services and software.
- Collaborating with engineers to develop secure services.
- Auditing source code for security vulnerabilities.
- Develop/implement automated systems to help spot known security exposures.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Electrical Engineering or related field, with practical software engineering experience.
- Strong grasp of secure architecture design.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Security experience in one or more of: C, C++, PHP, Go, BF (No, not really), x86, ARM, CAN, cryptography, reverse engineering, wireless networks, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
- Strong penetration testing experience.
- Experience auditing code and features.
- Experience in CTF or other security challenges.