C.H. Robinson is seeking a seasoned public relations professional and strategic corporate communicator to lead innovative and effective integrated communications efforts for our Enterprise brand as well as our North American Surface Transport (NAST) division. As a Principal External Communication Manager (PR) you'll help grow brand awareness and positive brand sentiment, increase share-of-voice, strengthen our corporate reputation, manage media relations, and generate leads. You'll leverage your public relations or integrated communications background along with your ability to develop innovative and robust communications plans, to write creative and engaging content, build audiences, connect with influencers, manage social media, and serve as a leader in helping ensure that initiatives are prioritized effectively and that cross-collaboration is fostered successfully across internal teams. This is a key, visible role and you'll build lasting working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including media representatives, customers, carriers and internal leadership.
This role is located in Eden Prairie and will report to Director of PR, External Communication and Social Media.
- Develop and lead integrated communications plans for external audiences, including key messaging and content for media and influencer relations (e.g. press releases, pitches, customer letters, media-focused landing pages, and spokesperson prep material.) You will be responsible for tracking coverage and providing learnings and strategic future recommendations.
- Interact regularly with internal division leaders to provide public relations lens into marketing initiatives as well as develop strategies and materials related to earned visibility and PR opportunities in order to optimize multi-channel execution of campaigns.
- Develop content for and assist in the management and monitoring of enterprise social media channels and external blogs.
- Consistently monitor local, regional and national media, identifying opportunities to drive paid, earned, shared, and owned content through print, online, and broadcast coverage.
- Manage several projects in various stages of development.
- Build and foster media and influencer relationships that help generate awareness and interest.
- Create and manage media lists and pitching schedules.
- Measure results and impact of initiatives, including social media and media relations efforts, producing comprehensive reports.
- Develop unique story angles to secure coverage on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate effectively with marketing, sales, legal, and other business functions.
- Minimum of 8 years' professional work experience
- Minimum of 8 years' in a communication-focused position (public relations, corporate communications, media relations and social media)
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred
- Advanced proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- B2B communications experience
- Transportation and supply chain industry experience
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize, multi-task, and meet expected deadlines
- Proven ability to lead big-picture, enterprise-brand-level communications plans that effectively incorporate enterprise key messaging while also balancing varying needs and priorities of specific service/product-line/divisions of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to write at a strategic level but also leverage tone and sentiment differently across different content and different audiences (e.g. customer letters, press releases, media statements.)
- Resourceful, aggressive and opportunistic approach to public relations, event management and social media
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran