UnitedHealth Group's Corporate Affairs Center for Health Care
Research leverages UHG's experience, expertise, capabilities, information, and
insights to inform health care policy and advance UHG's mission to help people
live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.
The Center serves as a hub for expertise and thought leadership
from across UnitedHealth Group, which is the parent company of UnitedHealthcare
(health insurance and benefits) and Optum (technology-enabled health care
services). Specifically, the Center:
- Assesses patterns and trends in coverage,
service use, spending, and health outcomes
- Analyzes market forces, public policies, and
health reform proposals and develops projections of their potential impacts
- Develops insights on pressing challenges and
opportunities related to increasing access, improving quality, reducing costs,
and enhancing the patient and provider experience at a system-wide level
- Partners with academic researchers and
external thought leaders
and synthesize research literature
and analyze data to identify trends and emerging issues
and analyze proposed and adopted policy changes
and maintain expertise on key health policy and market issues, including
working with third parties as appropriate
in conceptualizing scopes of work leading to publication and presentations
data analysis, interpret results, and summarize findings
written content in an effective and timely manner, including drafting
sections of deliverables for publication
- Must be actively enrolled in an
accredited university during the duration of the internship. Internships
are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- 2-5 years of experience working in health care
- Must be eligible to work in the
U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for
employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional
Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current
H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card
sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Must be willing to work in Minnetonka, MN or Washington, D.C. for the duration of the summer internship
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Experience working in SAS or Stata
- Relevant full-time work
experience in complicated and dynamic organizations, including organizations
that conduct health policy analysis and research
- Mastery of Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work independently and
as part of a high-functioning, close-knit team
- Superior analytic problem-solving
skills, creative thinking, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written
- Experience conducting literature
- Experience performing data
analysis in Excel, and interpreting and summarizing results
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.