- Positions in this function includes those responsible for initial triage of members, administrative intake of members or managing the admission/discharge information post-notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team
- Includes managing incoming calls, managing requests for services from providers/members, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from members and/or providers
- Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances
- As a subject matter expert, you'll also be the “go-to” resource for information
- The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2 years of experience working in the health care industry
- 2years of experience working with medical terminology
- Experience working with health care insurance
- Experience in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background or experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
Your confidence, decisiveness and perseverance will help you positively impact our patient lives. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.