Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage, support, and troubleshoot data storage, server resources, and other virtual computing platforms, including vSphere, vCenter, vRealize Suite, and Site Recovery Manager
- Experience with supporting and implementing automation within an enterprise, multi-tenant virtualization environment
- Understanding of how to integrate common virtualization platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization, etc
- Execute, troubleshoot, and assist with developing Linux and Windows provisioning scripts that may utilize multiple languages/scripting technologies
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning of Linux and Windows VMs. Support and remediate issues as they arise
- Work with architecture team to design solution-independent architecture models that map business services
- Build and deploy strategies to use consistent design patterns across platforms, infrastructure, and applications
- Develop scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive task
- Serve as a subject matter expert for virtualization, automation and orchestration platforms
- Perform and own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for supported environments
- Pitch ideas and solutions to complex problems, actively participating in brainstorming sessions
- Create and update documentation. Collaborate, update, and transition documentation to other engineers and operational staff
- Use effective communication skills to translate requirements to other engineers
- Quickly assess new technologies for future solutions
- Prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously and meet operational and project deadlines
- Promote the OptumCare culture and mentor across new engineering and operations staff that join the OptumCare team
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in a Virtualization Engineering role, in mid-to-large enterprise environment
- Up to date with current and upcoming virtualization technologies/trends
- Experience in VMware products, including vSphere and vRealize Suite
- Experience with VMWare vRO Integration with Rest API services.
- Experience with and knowledge troubleshooting storage technologies
- Experience and knowledge of Software Defined Data-Center (SDDC) and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Solutions
- Excellent scripting skills, including Powershell and Python
- Ability to create vRealize workflows that utilize multiple systems/APIs/Languages
- Bachelor's degree with a Technical focus
- Healthcare experience or experience in a 24x7x365 environment preferred
- VMWare and relevant virtualization certification(s) preferred
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: vSphere, vCenter, vRealize, Site recovery manager, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, telecommute