UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your Healthcare Economics career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Advancement, access to data, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission.
The Healthcare Economics Consultant will support United Retiree Solutions (URS) Strategic Growth, Reporting and Analytics (SGRA) teams' analytic needs. This position will extract, analyze and interpret healthcare data to uncover trends. This role will also assist in managing and understanding the customers' Medical and Pharmacy cost trends. The role offers a unique blend of support for internal teams such as Actuarial and Finance, as well as customer-facing teams, such as clients themselves, sales and account management.
The Consultant will be responsible for Medical and Pharmacy financial and utilization reporting. The individual must be able to extract, aggregate and QA applicable data for measurement purposes leveraging existing or creating ad-hoc reporting capabilities to identify trends in health plan performance. In addition, the consultant will perform analysis on healthcare trends, emerging trends, and other analysis to support innovation and continued delivery of providing highest quality care to our members at reasonable and appropriate costs. Lastly, the consultant will support client teams by delivering customized and other reports to support their teams and our business.
This position will work with very large data sets and see projects from conceptualization to completion by database creation, statistical modeling, and financial reports. The consultant should have the ability to work independently and may require support involving complex situations.
- Query Healthcare data
- Update reports to support trend analysis
- Serve as a resource to others
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Healthcare Administration, Actuarial Math, Statistics, Economics, or a related field
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access for Data Analytics
- 3+ year of experience working with Data Analytics in a professional and/or academic setting
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience working with large data sets and relational data bases
- Experience with SAS and/or other statistical software such as R, Python, SPSS, etc.
- SQL coding experience in extracting, managing, and cleaning data
- VBA and Tableau experience is a plus
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Senior, Healthcare, Economic, Analyst, Statistics, Data, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota