UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it's all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you'll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Health and Social Services Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located within Marion County, FL, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You'll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations. Position will be covering the Putnam County Delivery area.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- 1+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Registered Nurse, licensed social worker and/or behavioral health or clinical degree
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health & Social Services Coordinator, Registered Nurse, RN, Licensed Social Worker, LSW, Case Manager, Nurse, Nurse Case Manager, Social Work, Social Worker, BSW, Clinical, Case Management, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver, MDS, Managed Care, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, LTC, Hospice, Public Health, Assisted Living, Healthcare, Marion County, County, FL, Florida, Travel, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare