Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define the principles that guide technology decisions for the segment and use them to lead an application modernization and rationalization agenda
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture from other lines of business and delivery teams to recommend solutions for improvement
- Rectify gaps and pain points within the current state by influencing the development, communication and implementation of the enterprise technology architecture
- Design and lead the implementation of a Line of Business Technology Architecture (reference architecture) based on business requirements and IT strategies
- Build end-to-end solution plans in the form of roadmaps that define the future state solution, scope of solution initiatives, and solution delivery sequencing through architecture transition states
- Align capital programs to Enterprise strategy while leveraging existing components and capabilities across the business segment landscape
- Lead governance activities to ensure Enterprise Technology Architecture compliance
- Communicate the value delivered by the Enterprise Architecture process by communicating outcomes and ongoing results
- Create and foster an environment of innovation by removing roadblocks to enable strategic risk taking, advocating and driving change management activities, modeling the adoption of innovative behaviors and practices, and by committing time and energy on the development coaching and performance feedback for each employee on the team
- Facilitate change and process improvement within the architecture community
- Engage in Industry technology trends and their application to health care as a visible member of the health care technology community
- Identify and select the right talent in support of our mission
- Meet deadlines for deliverables
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of experience in the delivery of complex technology solutions that address business issues within a large shared services IT organization
- 3+ years of experience communicating technology matters to business partners, senior executives, and strategic partners
- 3+ years of experience interfacing with, and influencing decisions of, direct reports to the C-Suite of large organizations
- 3+ years experience working with the business to develop business cases including technology estimates for competing solution alternatives
- 3+ years of experience with application modernization and portfolio rationalization
- 3+ years of experience introducing new/emerging technology to disrupt existing business models
- 3+ years of experience creating business-enabling technology roadmaps aligned closely with business strategy and leadership direction.
- 3+ years of experience in people leadership, including direct experience leading, managing and mentoring teams in a virtual/geographically diverse environment
- 3+ years of experience working with vendors in system selection, cost negotiation, and the development of service level agreements
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- BS / BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education
- 3+ years of engineering experience working on open source, commercially available software and / or Healthcare platforms
- 3 + years of experience leading architecture solutions that leverage modern software engineering, including implementation of Event Driven Architecture, or Microservice patterns both on-prem and in the public cloud
- Proven track record of effective working relationships with executives and key business partners to drive change agendas
- Ability to create a Startup mentality to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams
- Ability to navigate a complex organizations, understand the big picture, and influence the enterprise to leverage technology in alignment with our strategies
- Proven ability to sell ideas to business and IT leaders outside your direct team
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Enterprise Architect, telecommute, MN, NJ