The senior manager is responsible for managing Appriss Health public relations, communications and public affairs strategy across all solutions and segments with the goal of developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies. A focus on ensuring strategic communications across lines of businesses will be a key requirement for this role in addition to the management of external PR/marketing agencies.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management of Appriss Health's executive speaking engagements, including drafting remarks, talking points and employee engagement activities.
The position requires excellent written and verbal communications, including leading the development of the annual Appriss Health report. Managing and supporting the development of content on social media channels as well as internal and external websites are also core areas of responsibility. This role has no direct reports.
- Meet established KPIs and report effectiveness to ELT
- Support management of the company brand
- Manage and support company website content
- Lead and coordinate public affairs strategy and company messaging in partnership with SVP Public Affairs, SVP, Business Development, and external communications agency. Work with lobbyists on execution as needed.
- Speak to legislators and other professional communications personnel promulgating the Appriss Health brand
- Support grant funding research and requests for proposals
- Write and edit long and short form communications for the business unit. Collaborate with product marketing colleagues for product messaging and materials
- Support social media strategy. Coordinate with peers responsible for product marketing
- Manage communication strategy with external association and vendor relationships in partnership with other executive leaders.
- Own Thought Leadership strategy with data science team, including supporting delivery of webinars
- Responsible for leading speaker content and presentation development for all major customer conferences and/or events
- A minimum of 10 years communications experience in strategic communications, including media relations, advertising, employee communications, executive communications and integrated communications
- Bachelor's degree in communications, political science or marketing required.
- Proven experience in strategy brand managing multiple product brands within a corporate brand
- Demonstrated experience in public affairs working with state and federal agencies in healthcare highly preferred
- The candidate must be a motivated self-starter with broad communications experience
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including counseling senior executives
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with program leaders, as well as with Corporate Communications teams
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work well under deadline pressures
- A strategic thinker with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
Helpful / Preferred
- Prior experience in healthcare IT
- Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues, events or meetings.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a high level of judgment, analytical ability and creativity, such as investigating moderately complex problems or situations, analyzing information and recommending solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H