Job TitleAssistant Facilities Manager
Job Description SummaryUnder the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Assistant Facilities Manager supports the facilities organization at a specific location, set of buildings, or campus environment. The Assistant Facilities Manager is charged with supporting the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, programs and workplace services delivery that provides a well-managed and well-maintained building. Places an emphasis on a positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination with the client's goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility(s) or campus, including janitorial, life-safety, engineering, site services, and general maintenance are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with C&W policies and client directives. Ensure all contracts are reviewed on a regular basis and are bid out as required and confirm invoices match contract pricing
* Supervise all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties
* Under the direction of the Facility Manager, respond promptly to requests for building maintenance, repairs, cleaning needs, etc. from building occupants and for the implementation of ongoing contract programs to address and resolve needs and problems
* Compile information necessary to ensure all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time, including (and as applicable): Property Information Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, IIPP Manual, Local Code Compliance Log, ADA Compliance Log, OSHA Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial Log, Purchase Order Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, As-built Drawings, IIPP Manual, Paid Invoices File, General Files, Contract Files, Annual Property Conditions and Year- end Performance Report and other reports and documentation as required
* Prepares budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex as directed
* Assist in providing information and reports necessary for the development of capital budgets for the facility. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives
* Collect, analyze and prepare reports of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives
* Expected to be thoroughly familiar with the management contract, vendor agreements, and other building/facility contracts and all requirements contained therein
* Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required
* Proactively inspect the facility, systems, rooms, common areas, etc. and report back any findings or issues to the Facility Manager
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Technical Proficiency
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Teamwork Orientation
6. Relationship Management
7. Financial Management
* Associate's degree in facilities management, building, business or other related field required
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably in commercial or industrial real estate with facility management experience required
* Experience in maintenance, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management preferred
* CMMS/Work Order Management experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Certified Facility Manager (CFM), International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications a plus
* Ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints
* Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract language
* Skilled in Building Management Systems maintenance and monitoring
* Excellent computer and systems knowledge; Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting and forecasting
* Knowledge of Financial Systems (Yardi a plus)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.