Job TitleLead Operating Engineer
Job Description SummaryResponsible to ensure the proper efficient operations and maintenance of the mechanical electrical and plumbing systems for the assigned facility. The performance of all necessary maintenance and operational tasks are developed to assure maximum life and reliability of all mechanical/ electrical/plumbing systems. Typically, this position does not have a Chief Engineer on-site at the building and is sometimes the solo engineer at the building. This position may also include the supervision of maintenance staff at the building depending on the size and complexity of the assignment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist with or conduct the daily operations and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and general maintenance requirements for the buildings
* Supervise maintenance staff when applicable and assign, and monitor maintenance activities and projects
* Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, lubricating motors, replacing lamps, ballasts and fixtures, Inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts, and other inspections and maintenance recommended by equipment manufacturers
* Recommend improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an ongoing basis
* Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance procedures
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
* Maintain stock and inventory control
* Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
* Ensure management team is informed of current building operations by compiling and submitting monthly reports
* Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
* Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
* Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
* Organization Skills
* Technical Proficiency
* Decision Making
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
* Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
5+ years of related trade experience in operating mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License, City Licenses, Operators License, Steam Engineers License, etc.
* Possess a valid "Universal" level certification for CFC and HFC based refrigerants (EPA Section 608); to service, repair, or dispose of equipment that could release ozone depleting refrigerants to the atmosphere or any similar combination of education and experience
* Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record with periodic checks
* Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 20% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.