Ellsworth, an industry leader of application experts, technical support & customer service, currently has an Engineering Sales Representative Opportunity in the ESR Group, located in the Bloomington or Rockford Illinois area.
The Engineering Sales Representative is responsible for acquiring new customers and new business opportunities. The work begins with evaluating the market, developing leads, contacting prospects, making appointments, and determining application opportunities. Next, the sales professional audits the prospect’s operations, considers alternatives, prepares professional proposals and/or quotes, makes winning presentations, and gains commitment from the customer. Finally, the sales professional takes personal responsibility for the care of the customer through coordination of all parties participating in the relationship. The successful sales professional is always striving to expand their contact database and his/her technical knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of experience of related industrial experience, preferably from a custom adhesive, chemical, coatings/paint, pharmaceutical/food manufacturing or packaging/dispensing environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college in a related field of study or equivalent training or experience
- Proficient on a personal computer as well as mobile devices and have knowledge of Database Software Internet Software, Inventory Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software, CRM Software and Word Processing Software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, bonus plan, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Health, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Employee Assistance, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Wellness Program, Social Events, Community Involvement and much more! Click Here for a summary of Employee Benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops contact list and prospects to find new business and customers while utilizing multiple sources to develop prospect list, including, industry guides, key vendor partner input, referrals from existing customers, and other ESRs.
- Makes sales calls to existing and perspective customers.
- Determines potential applications
- Presents viable Ellsworth Adhesives solutions
- Secures opportunities to quote on existing and potential customers’ requirements by visiting the customer facility and/or contacting by phone.
- Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers.
- Develops a plan for every call and a strategy for each account.
- Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, and other key personnel).
- Conducts Plant Audits at existing and prospective customers to work on consolidation and cost-savings initiatives.
- Resource Coordination
- Collaborates with internal Ellsworth partners, including, customer service, tech team, logistics, purchasing, management, and other employees as to support their efforts at assigned accounts.
- Coordinates trials and development with Customer Service Representative, vendor representatives, technical personnel and R&D.
- Provides complete and accurate customer requirements to comply with Ellsworth’s quality system.
- Communicates with the immediate supervisor on a regular basis as needed. Participates in regular sales meetings and will meet periodically with the immediate supervisor and VP of Sales and Customer Service Manager to counsel, chart progress, and identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Sales Administration and eTools
- Provides business reports on scheduled basis.
- Provides a territory sales forecast.
- Manages a portfolio of opportunities
- Follows up in a timely fashion and provide timely and accurate feedback on leads and referrals generated from trade shows, vendor supplied leads and leads generated from Ellsworth Adhesives marketing efforts.
- Maintains and utilizes customer data via Ellsworth’s database management software.
- Completes and submits required reports accurately and on time.
- Skill Building
- Maintains technical knowledge and effectively utilizes technology to efficiently manage their territory.
- Continues personal technical knowledge improvement by attending vendor training, reviewing vendor websites and literature. Reviews competitor websites and literature. Subscribes to and reviews industry trade magazines.
- Delivers Results
- Responsible for meeting sales quotas, satisfying customer needs, and adhering to the policies and procedures of Ellsworth Adhesives.
- Develops projects, programs, timing and goals to meet the sales targets as reflected in the Annual Operating Plan.
- Demonstrates Principles of DPS Training
- Demonstrates consistent use of Key Principles of DPS
- Listening, Exploring, Acknowledging, Responding
- Recognizing the Customer’s operating reality
- Developing and delivering presentation process
- Technical Adhesives Knowledge
- Presents potential solutions from the full Ellsworth Technology Kit, including all major types of adhesive technology, packaging and dispensing options.
- Vendor Politics and Collaboration
- Demonstrates consistent collaboration with multiple key vendors and is able to grow while minimizing vendor conflict.
- Provides a wide range of business across multiple vendors.
To apply, follow the link to our careers site to submit your Resume & Wage Expectations in response to this posting. Candidates who have not applied previously will be asked to register, create a username and password at http://careers.ellsworth.com.
Ellsworth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, pregnancy, genetics, or any other legally-protected status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation for any part of our employment process, please follow the instructions on our Accessibility Accommodation for Applicants page of our Careers website.