Employee Type:Full time
Location:IL Oak Brook
Job Type:Finance Tax
Job Posting Title:Federal Tax Analyst
The Tax Analyst will work with internal and external resources in the preparation of the Company's
tax provision, U.S. estimated tax payments & tax returns, tax planning and M&A transactions. Collaboration and communication are necessary to work effectively with individuals
within the Tax department, Finance, Operations, and external consultants.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of quarterly and year-end federal tax provisions in accordance with U.S. GAAP/ASC 740 and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Preparation of federal taxable income calculation.
- Preparation of extension and quarterly federal estimated tax payments.
- Federal tax audits (international as necessary).
- Assistance with various tax planning and structuring projects.
- Tax research primarily related to federal income taxes.
- Maintaining Tax Fixed Assets.
Other areas of responsibility include:
- Assist with preparation of tax rate forecasts.
- Support tax planning initiatives, credits & incentives opportunities, and special projects such as business acquisitions and divestitures and provide analysis of specific tax impacts.
- Responding to questions from the business, monitoring tax law changes and participating in business process change initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Internal Relationships: Communicates with Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Legal and Human Resources on a regular basis; with foreign-based regional headquarters personnel and other internal clients as necessary.
- External Relationships: Collaborate with outside accounting advisors on various tax matters. Interact with independent auditing firm in support of company's ASC 740 calculations and with IRS income tax personnel during tax audits.
Bachelor's Degree Required - Accounting or related field
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- 1 to 3 years in the corporate tax department of a publicly traded company or the tax group of a Big 4, or similar, public accounting firm with federal income tax experience. Prior ASC 740 and federal income tax compliance preferred.
- CPA or working towards CPA designation preferred.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1