Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
The Territory Business Manager solicits sales of kitchen and bath cabinets on a day-to-day basis in an effort to meet and/or exceed sales targets.
SALES TERRITORY: Chicago, IL/S. WI
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Proven track record with 5 or more years of successful new business development and account management experience in the Kitchen and Bath Cabinet
- Proven track record of success with territory development having shown the ability to exceed sales goals and drive revenue over an extended period.
- Proven history of successful territory management with American Woodmark.
- Proven history of kitchen design skills with multiple brands in the Kitchen and Bath Industry.
- Ability to utilize 2020 software proficiently to design and price projects
- Advanced knowledge of web-based search engine utilization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows-based applications
- High levels of strategic thinking
- Drive, determination, and discipline of a self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to be persuasive
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- The energy and focus to be goals and results oriented
- Excellent organization skills
- Understanding of AWC policies and procedures with a proven ability to manage day-to-day business within the company guidelines
- Understanding and knowledge of current territory including competition, potential dealers and distributors, local K&B organization groups, etc.
- Working knowledge of iPad and Apple devices and programs
- Working knowledge of Lead Tracker and InTouch
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field or comparable professional experience
- Perform territory and account evaluations using web-based platforms
- New business development planning and execution
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for specified territory to increase revenue and profitability of the sale
- Develop business relationships to promote Kitchen and Bath Dealer and Distributor sales
- Preserve and improve client orders by performing regular client visits with an emphasis on training of sales/design personnel on American Woodmark product/policies
- Manage and consult clients on development of joint business initiatives
- Development of time management and priority selling skills is essential for improvement of productivity and territory management
- Drive market share in existing dealer and distributor accounts while consistently evaluating territory growth opportunities through new dealers and distributors
- Work with existing dealer and distributor base to grow their overall revenue ultimately growing American Woodmark revenue simultaneously through a partner relationship
- Identify and leverage local marketing and networking opportunities involving targeted dealers and distributors to maximize revenue
- Determine market size, target accounts and territory capacity
- Establish new accounts in targeted geographic locations
- Develop sales and marketing business plans for all accounts
- Increase sales at targeted margins at existing accounts.
- Manage territory account base and strategically eliminate non-performing accounts as necessary
- Maintain proper expense ratios
- Maintain high quality business relationships with customers
- Achievement of sales, expense, & transactional quality goals
- Execute marketing programs and promotions
- Participation in local K&B Professional Networking Associations
- Follow AWC policies and procedures in performing responsibilities of job
- Maintain and promote a team spirit among all AWC personnel
- Identify and present large project opportunities to management leveraging relationships to be the vendor of choice asking for these opportunities
- Consistently meet or exceed stated goal metrics for account acquisitions and revenue as determined by sales management annually
- Train and mentor new sales personnel as needed
- Sit on cross-functional teams within AWC as needed (QMS plant teams, logistics meetings, etc.)
- Provide detailed competitive information as requested by management
- Typically, this position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
- Territory: Chicago, IL/S. WI
- Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- Travel Requirements:
- Some in and out of town travel is required up to 40%.
- Travel is typically by company car and commercial air carrier.
- Typically, offices will be out of a Territory Business Managers private home, and hours will vary as necessitated by business.
- Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head.
- Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(k) Match
- Tuition Assistance
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.