Lactalis USA is currently seeking candidates to join our Supply Chain team in New York City, NY.
Lactalis Group, the world leader in dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together every day. At Lactalis, our core values of AMBITION, ENGAGEMENT, and SIMPLICITY are at the heart of everything we do.
If you're looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that champions entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on responsibility and real opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
At Lactalis USA, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and we know that our candidates come from many different backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job posting, we still encourage you to apply and share with us your STORY, your PASSION, and your EXPERTISE! You may be just the perfect candidate for this or other roles within our company.
From your PASSION to ours
12-month PAID internship opportunity where the Import/Export Intern will support the customer service team with projects related to new business opportunities.
From your EXPERTISE to ours
Key responsibilities for this position include:
* Develop a strong base of knowledge regarding products, services, and capabilities to be used on a day-to-day basis in helping manage Customer orders in line with each individual customer's requirements.
* Help process orders of imported products for our Importers/Distributors as well as for our LAG Distribution Centers.
* Work closely with cross-functional company personnel to help ensure that the company provides a superior level of customer service and resolve any problems in a timely manner.
* Help monitor order pricing.
* Coordinate with Planning/Plant to ensure quantities/delivery dates are respected.
* Coordinate shipment of orders for land and ocean transport from plant to port of delivery with logistics and/or appropriate freight forwarder.
* Assist with Quality claims related to Imported products.
* Assist with credit note requests.
From your STORY to ours
Qualified applicants will contribute the following:
Currently attending, or a graduate of, a Business School - focus on International Trade preferred.
Some practical experience through prior internships or professional experiences.
Customer Service or Supply Chain preferred, but not a must - We will train.
Skills / Abilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational skills, teamwork ability: must be able to multi-task; capacity to adapt to stressful situations and perform well under pressure.
Good interpersonal skills.
Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Bilingual English/French or strong written and verbal skills in French preferred.