Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 29, 2023
Department:34007800 Pharmacy Services
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:0
Weekend Rotation: Every 4th
Job Summary:Responsible for preparing, dispensing, and checking medications, obtaining medication histories, and ensuring effective flow of operations within the pharmacy. Interns work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. Provides assistance and support to the pharmacists and technicians in the clinical and distributive operations of the department.
Key Position Details:
This position will be 10 hours per week with a weekend rotation of approximately every fourth weekend.
- Prepares, checks, and dispenses medications.
- Fills first doses and refill floor stock.
- May perform data entry, adjudication, filing, and selling prescription duties.
- May review clinical data on patient profile for clinical appropriateness.
- May perform first or second checks to ensure accuracy of data entry, clinical components, and filling process.
- Compounds and documents extemporaneous doses.
- Prepackages and documents solid and liquid dosage forms in unit dose and unit of use packaging.
- Audits automated dispensing cabinet medications.
- Fills automated dispensing cabinet medications, cart fill & stock outs.
- May compound and prepares IV admixtures and syringes.
- May admix chemotherapy bags and syringes.
- Performs medication distribution.
- Deliver medications, IVs and supplies as needed.
- Gathers medications that have been discontinued on the floor.
- Restocks medications used on crash carts and other emergency boxes/kits.
- Delivers medications into automated dispensing cabinets.
- May order, receive, unpack, and check incoming stock against invoice and put away.
- May assist the buyer and keep them informed of inventory needs.
- May perform inventory management process.
- Performs admission medication histories.
- Performs medication reconciliation interview with patient.
- Utilizes nursing home medication administration records to complete medication reconciliation.
- Accesses and applies information from electronic health record.
- Communicates with overseeing pharmacist regarding reconciliation and recommendations.
- May provide clinical/informational services to patients, medical staff, and other healthcare professional.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Completion of one year at an accredited College of Pharmacy preferred or
- Enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy working towards a Pharmacist degree required or
- Foreign-trained pharmacist working towards state Pharmacist licensure required
- 0 to 2 years experience in Pharmacy preferred
- Pharmacy Intern Certification/Registration upon hire required or
- Pharmacy Intern Certification/Registration if registered Pharmacy Technician upon hire within 1 Year required
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently
Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.